Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Loaded Baked Potato Rounds

Oh boy do I have a great recipe for you today! Our September theme of football munchies is rolling in once again. These potatoes are sure to be the hit on the appetizer table on football Sunday, or my favorite, Saturday! Go Bucky!


These salty, cheesy, no fork needed snack are the perfect pop-able food to serve next game day, I know I will. Funny thing, when I was testing this recipe out, it was just me and Mr. Bear (haven't been acquainted with Bear, check out here or here). No party and actually no game to watch. I ate them while watching Bride Wars. Yeah, not even close to a sport. But they tasted so good, I think I'll have to make them again this weekend.


This recipe is super easy and probably impossible to mess up. It's really up to you to add what and how much of ingredients you want. For me, I doused on the pepper. The recipe didn't actually call for pepper, but it's my other half when it comes to cooking. I just can't leave it off. Also, I realized I have never cooked bacon before. Ever. Seriously, I have always left the bacon cooking to the experts. Well, my expert wasn't around so I had to try it out myself. Little crunchier than I like but it was perfect on top of the potato rounds. So trust me when I say you can't mess up this no-fail potato rounds appetizer!

Adapted from Pip & Ebby

Ingredients
Red potatoes
Bacon
Green onions
Cheese
Olive oil
Kosher salt
Pepper

I didn't actually use specific measurements, it's really up to your personal liking

Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Slice potatoes and place in a large bowl. Add oil and toss to coat entire surface of potato rounds.
3. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper and spread potatoes out in one layer. Sprinkle salt and pepper over potatoes.
4. Bake for 15 minutes, flip and bake for another 15 minutes.
5. While potatoes are baking, cook bacon.
6. Chop green onions and bacon to small pieces.
7. Once potatoes are golden brown, sprinkle cheese, onions and bacon. Bake another 5-10 minutes.
8. Enjoy!

Bon Appétit!
Brittany

2 comments:

  1. Loe that these are oven baked--hello football food!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I can't guarantee they're the healthiest, but oven baked also makes them super easy (and delicious)! Thanks for stopping by, Erin!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...