Sunday, September 14, 2014

Kelsey's Sunday Brunch

Happy Sunday friends!


Last weekend we went to our first Badger football game of the season with a couple of friends.  The weather was perfect and we had a great time tailgating beforehand (nothing like brats and beer at 10 am).  There's a reason why Madison gets called the best college football town!

We also spent some time babysitting my niece, Emersyn.  Isn't she just the cutest, eve if she does puncture holes in the tomatoes I have ripening on the windowsill?!


Do you guys ever get in an eating rut?  Lately, Nate and I have been feeling like we are in a serious food eating rut.  I don't even want to think about taking another turkey sandwich in my lunch to work and I want to be excited about dinner instead of eating something that just tastes, meh.  Here's a couple of things we're trying to help us get out of the rut, let me know if you have any other suggestions!
  • Work week lunches have been one of the biggest problems.  I came across Cookie and Kate's 16 Recipes that Pack Well for Lunch and something clicked in my mind; I don't need to take a sandwich every.single.day for lunch.  Soups, salads and leftovers can also work great. 
  • We're going to pick a big, "fancy" salad to make for dinner each week which we can then pack in lunches as well.  First up was Deb's Kale Salad with Apples, Cranberries and Pecans and it was a success!
  • Plan ahead a couple of recipes to make each week, with one of them being a new recipe (at least for the time being.)
I love a good state classification map as much as the next person so check out The Weirdest Eating Patterns of Each U.S. State or this map of the United Sweets of America.  Cheddar cheese and kringle, I'd say Wisconsin is pretty spot on.

Proof that Americans love pumpkin flavored everything.  Did we really even need the proof?  But really, check out this recipe for a healthy pumpkin spice latte so you can get your fix without breaking the bank.

I'm not sure if wedding favors are actually going to end up making it in our wedding budget, but these 5 delicious DIY wedding favors your guests will love are some great ideas.


A couple of weeks ago I picked up a copy of Jessica, from How Sweet It Is, cookbook Seriously Delish from my local bookstore and I seriously love it!  It seems like all my favorite bloggers have a cookbook coming out this fall including The Skinnytaste Cookbook (Sept. 30) by Gina from Skinnytaste, Homemade Decadence (Oct. 14) by Joy from Joy the Baker and Easy Gourmet (already released) by Stephanie from I Am a Food Blog.  Also, I'm totally crushing on America's Test Kitchen's The Make Ahead Cook.  Which leads me to this question, is it too early to start my Christmas list?

2 comments:

  1. That's a great list of cookbooks you got going there. . I have The Make-Ahead Cook and Easy Gourmet. . love them both and I can't wait to get Seriously Delish!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that someday I will become a cookbook hoarder, just trying to put it off until a few years down the road when I have a house and won't need to move them every couple of years :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...