Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Tuna Noodle Casserole


Tuna noodle casserole was one of those meals that was in the regular rotation growing up.  It came up quite frequently during the Lenten season.  The only fish our family ever ate was canned tuna, so Fridays usually alternated between cheese pizza and tuna noodle casserole. (I'm doing my best now to try different kinds of fish and seafood!)

I decided to make this on Ash Wednesday so that I would have leftovers to enjoy on Friday as well.    Mom never really used exact measurements when making this dish, so those I've listed are estimates, feel free to use more or less.  Personally, my favorite part is when you get a piece of green olive in a bite, so I like to add lots of those!


Ingredients

  • 1 (12 oz) package whole wheat egg noodles
  • 2 (5 oz) cans tuna (or 1 large can)
  • 1 can cream of mushroom soup
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 3/4 cup frozen peas
  • 1/4 cup green olives, quartered
  • 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • Whole wheat bread crumbs
Directions
  1. Prepare noodles according to directions on package.
  2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  3. In a casserole dish (or 9x13 inch Pyrex dish like I use since I don't have a casserole dish) mix together all ingredients except for whole wheat bread crumbs.
  4. Sprinkle bread crumbs over top of dish.
  5. Cook for about 30 minutes, or until dish is warm throughout.

1 comment:

  1. Tuna noodle casserole embodies comfort in every bite. The amalgamation of tender noodles, creamy sauce, and flaky tuna creates a satisfying harmony. Best Tablet Android A beloved classic that transcends generations.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...