Sunday, February 5, 2012

Sugar Cookies


These cookies were supposed to be "I-wish-the-Packers-were-in-the-Super-Bowl" sugar cookies, but I guess now they can be "Aaron-Rodgers-MVP" cookies!  I was pretty excited to use the piping kit that I got for Christmas to make the laces on the footballs, it was my first time using it though so they aren't exactly perfect.

This is the sugar cookie and frosting recipe that my Mom always uses when our family makes Christmas cookies.  It's also the same recipe that my Gramma Zach has always used as well.


Sugar Cookies

Ingredients
  • 1 cup butter (may use half shortening and half butter)
  • 1 1/2 cups sugar
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 3 1/2 cups flour
  • 2 teaspoon cream of tartar
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
Directions
  1. Cream butter and shortening if using half and half of each.
  2. Add sugar gradually until light and fluffy.
  3. Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.
  4. Stir in vanilla.
  5. Add dry ingredients gradually to creamed mixture.
  6. Chill thoroughly at least 3 to 4 hours.  (I usually make it the night before I want to bake.)
  7. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
  8. Roll out on well floured surface.
  9. Cut into shapes.
  10. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes.


Frosting

Ingredients
  • 3 cups powdered sugar
  • 1/3 cup butter or shortening
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 2 tablespoons milk (may need more)
Directions
  1. Make sure cookies are cooled before frosting.
  2. Mix all ingredients together.





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...