Thursday, October 6, 2011

Chicken Pesto Pasta


I decided when I got back from class today that I wanted to cook something for dinner, so I started to think about what I had to work with.  I have a plethora of noodles because I like to buy them in all different shapes and sizes.  My noodles take up too much space in my cupboard, so I figured I should clear out some room in there since I only have a limited amount of cupboard space in an apartment of six.

I still consider myself to be a beginner cook and am still learning how to use spices, so I just used a jar of store bought pesto.  


First I put a medium size pot of water with a touch of salt in it on the stove to boil.  At the same time I started warming a large saucer with a large drizzle of extra virgin olive oil (regular olive oil works too).  

While that is going on, I took a large chicken breast and cut it up into strips.  I seasoned the strips with Morton Nature's Seasoning (any similar all seasoning would work) for a little extra flavor.


Once the water is boiling I poured about half a pound of rigatori noodles (any other shaped noodle with grooves in it for the pesto to sit in will work too) into the pot.  


Place the seasoned chicken in a single layer in the frying pan.


As the chicken cooks I cut it into smaller pieces because I like having chicken in as many bites of my pasta as I can!


Once the noodles and chicken are done cooking, strain the noodles and pour them into the frying pan.  Mix them in with the chicken.  Add spoonfuls of pesto and stir in to taste.  (I used about four spoonfuls or so.)


Serve as you wish!  I sprinkled a parmesan/asiago cheese mixture on top of my pasta.  The amount I made left lots of leftovers, which makes a quick and easy lunch when I get back from class and am starving.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...